Sunday

Miss Crowley's Ridge 2012

I'm a little late on posting.. but I thought this would be a good way for family and friends to keep up with my journey to Miss Arkansas next week! BUT first, I am going to backtrack a little bit so those of you reading this really understand that being a part of the Miss America Organization is much more than looking pretty and getting to wear a crown on your head.


February 4, 2012 I was announced as Miss Crowley's Ridge 2012! This was my 6th preliminary to compete in and 4th for the 2012 competition year! Bethany Bell, who is now Miss Greater Jonesboro, crowned me that night. Here is a picture of my crowning moment!

So excited to have finally won the title!


Left to Right: Ashley Williams (1st Runner Up), *Miss Crowley's Ridge 2012!*, Bethany Bell (Miss Greater Jonesboro 2012), Danielle Hicks (2nd Runner Up)


Like I said earlier, being a part of MAO is much more than looking pretty and having a crown on your head. MAO is the largest scholarship provider of women across the country, and they want a very well-rouded woman to give their scholarships to. With each competition we compete in Private Interview, On-Stage Interview/Question, Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit, Talent and Evening Gown.

On-Stage Question/Interview 

Out of ALL the areas of competition, this is where my tiny butterflies turn into dinosours!!

Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit

Talent: Vocal- "Break It To Me Gently"

Most of you know that I have been singing long before competing in the MAO. I love performing my songs,;easily making this my favorite area of competition! (I am really looking forward to the piece I have been working on for State!)



Evening Gown

I LOVE wearing red and felt like a million bucks in this gorgeous gown!



Posing after the crowning with my new director, Mrs. Peggy Smart, and Miss Crowley's Ridge Outstanding Teen, Kelly Welsh.


No comments:

Post a Comment