Sunday

Nettleton Middle School: Health Improvement Walk

Nettleton Middle School consists of strictly 6th grade students. Mrs Gribble, of Nettleton, found another opportunity for me to speak on my platform here! The first week of April, (4/2-4/6) the Nettleton 6th grade decided to really study how to get healthy and stay healthy. All week they focused on different areas of the body by learning the good things and bad things you can do for them! They learned that physical exercise is one of the best things to do to stay healthy and wanted to have a "Health Improvement Walk" and walk a mile to prove that they pledge as a school to get healthy, and remain healthy.

I was fortunate enough to be asked to "kick off" the walk by sharing my platform and applauding the 6th graders for their decision! Region 8 News came to broadcast the event. I was interviewed before speaking and clips aired on the 6 o'clock and 10 o'clock evening news! The students of NMS made me feel like a princess! I could definitely get used to this lifestyle! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment